Friday, October 8, 2010

An Old Photo Surfaces

photo: Maureen Madill

In May, I attended a book sellers' event in Missisauga. I was on my way from a memorial service in Whitby, and I hitched a ride with my brother-in-law. My publishers, Groundwood Books, House of Anansi Press had a display at the market place, three months before the official publishing of my book. I found the large room where all the publishers were showing their books, attracting book sellers with free copies. And there, on our table was a pile of advance copies of "Between Sisters" bordered in white--a diminished appearance of her fully formed look. I was there to sign and promote, lend my charm to the business of selling and greet the soon to be published work of art. All this said, to show a photograph taken with a cellphone camera to mark the day. ENJOY!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful. I can't wait to get my copy. Is it available on Amazon? I linked you to my facebook as well.

    ReplyDelete