Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Guests at the "Between Sisters" book launch

Janet at the launch....
It was nice to see old friends at the book launch, many of whom had encouraged me in my pursuit of the longer form in one way or another. Anne had lent me her house so I could write without interruption, Neena always asked how the work was going every time I went to eat at her restaurant, Bollywood Bistro. Martha had critiqued some of my writing as had Stephen Henighan, who is also a novelist. There were old friends and family, as well as new friends and acquaintances. There were the priceless ones who always generously support everything I do and there were also people I didn't yet know. My M.P., Mr. Frank Valeriote, showed up with his daughter, which was a grand gesture, because he had received very late notice from a friend of mine. I had met Frank Valeriote M.P. here and there at events in Guelph and it was nice of him to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment