Thursday, December 16, 2010

Celebrating the book in Guelph Ontario.

www. johnwoodphotography.biz
The book launch for Between Sisters went well. I booked our church auditorium to announce my book to Guelph and then I planned the program. I wanted it to be festive. I wanted to give my guests a good time and I wanted to celebrate it with significant people who had made contributions toward my literary process and progress, so I sent out my e-flyer to people on my list and hoped for the best. I went shopping for refreshment, and packed my table cloths, cups and serviettes ready for the day. I postponed writing for most of the week just to keep that vague feeling of stress away. It worked. For me, it's always best to focus on one thing at a time.
The day came. The set up was simple enough and a few friends showed up to help. There was a book sales table in the foyer, an author signing table in the next room where the refreshment was to be served and the auditorium for the book launch. My son's rock-ish band, 21 Planes arrived to set up and test their euipment. My husbands drumming group arrived with drums ready to play. At three o'clock my friends arrived.
TO BE CONTINUED....like a Nollywood movie:-)
You can still find my books at The Bookshelf, Guelph, Chapters, Guelph, WordsWorth, Waterloo, A Different Booklist, Bathurst, Toronto, The Smithsonian--- African Exhibit in D.C. and bookshops in North America may have it or order in at your request. There is also Amazon.com. "Between Sisters" is a good read for all, and a significant story.

1 comment: