Sunday, December 19, 2010

Celebrating Between Sisters 2

21 Planes by John Wood www. johnwoodphotography.biz
My emcee, Mary Baxter was warm, welcoming and charming . She kept the program running flawlessly with the right mix of formal and personal anecdotes. The drum songs were lovely, lending a rich foundation to the entire event, reminding everyone of West Africa, where my story is set. My son's band 21 Planes, gave the event the youthfulness that I wanted as the book reads in the voice of a teen, albeit a girl. Also my interest in the young adult genre had been stirred up by the books that I had read with my "son-parent" book club to which most of the band members had belonged, in their early teens. The music was good, with flavours contrasting yet meaningful and complementary all at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment