Friday, September 17, 2010

Telling Tales Festival: Preparing for my first reading

Today I gave great thought to my first reading, scheduled for Sunday, at The Westfield Heritage Village, Rockton Ontario, on Sunday September 19th 2010. I have half an hour to forty minutes tops. Yesterday I had a chat with Yaba Badoe, sis-in-law and author of True Murder, who told me it was going to be a blast. Her tip was to read for no more than 15-20 minutes because people always wanted to ask questions. Then she said, "Choose those passages with punch."
I did some further research on the world wide web, not because I had no idea of what to expect from a reading, (I have the experience of publishing sixteen books, on three continents) but because this is the first time I will be reading from a long piece. I have a firm plan: Break the Ice, Explain my presentation, launch into it with gusto and then ask for questions. After reading this, I'm sure you would like to be there. The address is The Telling Tales Festival, Westfield Heritage Village, 1049 Kirkland Rd, Rockton, Ontario. See you there.
P.S. I went out and bought new reading glasses for the occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment